Doesn't this sound familiar?
From Washington Free Beacon:
Former Democratic Politician Leading Effort to Open Business Ties With Iran
Lamont: ‘I’ve traveled a lot in the Middle East, I’ve never felt more comfortable in a city than in Iran’
A failed Democratic U.S. Senate candidate is reinventing himself as the face of U.S.-Iranian commerce, traveling to Tehran with a group of American business leaders and promoting investment ahead of a potential nuclear deal that could lift sanctions against the regime.
Ned Lamont, the anti-war businessman who lost to former Senator Joe Lieberman (I., Conn.) in 2006, visited Iran with a delegation of U.S. executives last month and has been raving about the country’s fertile business environment to various news outlets.
“The Australians are there [doing business], the Brits, the Germans. It’s like Rick’s Cafe. Everybody was there except for the Americans,” Lamont told the Washington Free Beacon. “The hotel [in Tehran] is a hotbed of deal-making.”
The April 11 trip was sponsored by the President Action Network chapter of the World Presidents’ Organization, a global invite-only group of executives over the age of 50. PAN has also brought U.S. business leaders to North Korea and Cuba in recent years.
- ► 2016 (606)
05/03 - 05/10
- On Cuba, Obama Again Comes Up Short at Negotiating...
- Media Hype Sells a Cuba That Does Not Exist
- Shocking: Castro Lied to U.S. Congresswoman
- Russia Intends to Reopen Cuban Spy Base
- French President, Japanese and Dutch Foreign Minis...
- Image of the Day: "My Dear Friend Putin"
- Castro Regime Confiscates Churches in Eastern Cuba...
- Menendez: Ferry Doesn't Help Cubans, Nor Consisten...
- Obama Endorses Apartheid Practices in Cuba
- In Hearing, Rubio Challenges Obama on USINT and Cu...
- Cartoon of the Day: Cuban Ferry Contrast
- FP: State Reports No Progress on Restoring Ties Wi...
- Business Will Not Bring Democracy to Cuba
- Another Sunday, Another 89 Political Arrests in Cu...
- The Castros' Cocaine Cartel
- Lobbying for Business With Iran (Cuba)
- Must-Read: Cuba's Cardinal is a Prisoner of Consci...
- Alarming Repression Against The Ladies in White in...
- International NGO Coalition to Cuba: Drop Charges ...
- ▼ 05/03 - 05/10 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)