This afternoon, the Castro regime violently arrested nearly 60 members of The Ladies in White, pursuant to attending Sunday Mass in Havana.
The Ladies in White is a pro-democracy group composed of the mothers, wives, daughters and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners.
Over 30 other democracy activists, who had accompanied The Ladies in White, were also arrested.
Additionally, 13 female members of the Cuban Patriotic Union ("UNPACU") were beaten after attending Sunday Mass at the Shrine of our Lady of Charity in eastern Cuba. They were assaulted with batons and tear gas. Three of them were arrested.
Meanwhile, silence from the Vatican and the Obama Administration.
As for the foreign media, they are more interested in sailing regattas.
- ► 2016 (694)
05/17 - 05/24
- Obama's Cuba Team Are Worst Negotiators Ever
- MSNBC: How Obama Deal Has Empowered Castro
- Democratic Congressman Presses Obama on Cuban Crim...
- Obama Could Duck Fight Over U.S. Ambassador to Cub...
- Effort to Remove Cuba Language From Commerce Appro...
- Tweet of the Day: Boehner on Obama's Cuba Policy
- Menendez Remarks at Senate Hearing on Cuba
- Rubio Remarks at Senate Hearing on Cuba
- Senators Lambasted Obama's Cuba Policy
- On the Road to Diplomatic Relations -- Castro Asks...
- Bill Requires Cuba Resolve Legal Claims Before Eas...
- On Cuban Independence Day: Freedom is the Goal
- Castro's Congressional Allies Now Defend Maduro Re...
- Confirmed: Alan Gross' Lawyer Shilling for Cuba's ...
- Despite Repression, Cuban Rapper Remains Undeterre...
- Over 100 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Today
- Behind the Pope’s Embrace of Castro
- Cuba’s 12 Most Absurd Prohibitions That Tourists A...
- Another Cuban Rapper Arrested
- Policy Changes Towards Cuba Should be Conditioned
- ▼ 05/17 - 05/24 (20)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)