Meanwhile -- despite a string of endless lies -- the Obama Administration gives credence to the Castro regime.
From The Toledo Blade:
Rep. Kaptur, Sen. Brown call on Cuba to release body of Ohio native William Morgan
Two members of Ohio’s Congressional delegation today called on the government of Cuba to release the body of Ohio native William Morgan, who helped overthrow a dictator there more than 50 years ago.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D., Ohio) and U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D., Toledo) released a letter they sent to Secretary of State John Kerry asking for the return of Mr. Morgan’s body.
“As relations between the U.S. and Cuba continue to normalize, we ask for your assistance in returning this American’s remains to the United States,” the two lawmakers wrote.
Mr. Morgan went to Cuba in 1957 to help overthrow the dictator Fulgencia Batista, joining forces with guerrilla leader Fidel Castro. While there, Commandante Morgan married Olga Rodriguez, now Olga Goodwin. Commandante Morgan later turned against Castro, who had him arrested and executed in 1961.
Mr. Morgan’s widow also fought for democracy in Cuba and was tortured and imprisoned for 10 years before escaping her native Cuba to settle in Toledo. She has been fighting to secure his remains from Havana for three decades.
According to the letter, the Cuban government promised delivery of Mr. Morgan’s remains when Miss Kaptur visited the island nation in 2002, but Ms. Goodwin and her family are still waiting for the government to fulfill its promise.
Mr. Morgan was born in Cleveland in 1928 and was 1 year old when he and his parents moved to Toledo's Old West End.
- ► 2016 (655)
05/03 - 05/10
- On Cuba, Obama Again Comes Up Short at Negotiating...
- Media Hype Sells a Cuba That Does Not Exist
- Shocking: Castro Lied to U.S. Congresswoman
- Russia Intends to Reopen Cuban Spy Base
- French President, Japanese and Dutch Foreign Minis...
- Image of the Day: "My Dear Friend Putin"
- Castro Regime Confiscates Churches in Eastern Cuba...
- Menendez: Ferry Doesn't Help Cubans, Nor Consisten...
- Obama Endorses Apartheid Practices in Cuba
- In Hearing, Rubio Challenges Obama on USINT and Cu...
- Cartoon of the Day: Cuban Ferry Contrast
- FP: State Reports No Progress on Restoring Ties Wi...
- Business Will Not Bring Democracy to Cuba
- Another Sunday, Another 89 Political Arrests in Cu...
- The Castros' Cocaine Cartel
- Lobbying for Business With Iran (Cuba)
- Must-Read: Cuba's Cardinal is a Prisoner of Consci...
- Alarming Repression Against The Ladies in White in...
- International NGO Coalition to Cuba: Drop Charges ...
- ▼ 05/03 - 05/10 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)