For the 10th straight Sunday, the Castro regime has unleashed another wave of repression against peaceful dissidents.
Just in Havana, 68 members of The Ladies in White and 20 other democracy activists were arrested outside Gandhi Park (talk about a sad irony).
Dozens of other activists have been arrested near their homes, including Claudio Fuentes, Agustín López, Liban Santiago, Saqueo Báez, Serafín Morán and Hugo Damián Prieto.
Meanwhile, no word from the Obama Administration. But that's already expected.
Also no word from the visiting delegation of U.S. Senators Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Susan Collins (R-ME) and Pat Roberts (R-KS).
Senator Flake and company have been busy wining and dining with Castro regime officials, but not a word of support for these imprisoned dissidents.
Not that we expected anything different from Senator Flake.
But does Senator Collins feel good about peaceful Cuban women being violently beaten and arrested, while she's embracing their oppressors?
Why doesn't Senator Collins take some time to meet with the leader of The Ladies in White, Berta Soler, while in Cuba -- if she hasn't been imprisoned yet?
Sure, the Senator's Castro regime hosts will probably not like it -- but doing the right thing is never easy.
at 12:26 PM Monday, June 15, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
06/14 - 06/21
- Like Castro, North Korea's Kim Also Purports to Ha...
- Still a Long Way From Religious Freedom in Cuba
- The Flagrant Trafficking of Stolen Property in Cub...
- Roberta Jacobson Shows Bad Judgment (Again)
- Odebrecht's CEO Arrested in Corruption Probe
- House Committee Passes Fourth Bill Tightening Cuba...
- Featured Q&A: On Status of U.S.-Cuba Relations
- Quote of the Day: On Confiscated Properties in Cub...
- Castro, Obama and a 'Thing Called Congress'
- Jeff Flake Admits He's Wrong About Cuba Policy
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba Wants to Strengthen Militar...
- Remarks by Cuban Democracy Leader Guillermo Fariña...
- U.S. Engagement With Castro Has Been Deadly for Hu...
- Quote of the Day: We Don't Need Glorified Tourists...
- "Self-Employment" in Cuba is Not Private Business
- Dropping Embargo Won’t Help Cuban People
- 10th Straight Sunday: Over 100 Cuban Dissidents Ar...
- Obama Negotiates U.S.-Venezuela Relations With Dru...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Solidifies Military Control
- Must-Read: Our Failed China Policy
- Quotes of the Week: Dissidents Lose Hope in Obama
- ▼ 06/14 - 06/21 (21)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)