In the spirit of Uday, Saif and Bashar.
From Turkey's Zaman:
Bodyguards of Fidel Castro’s son attack Turkish reporters in Bodrum
Three of Antonio Castro Soto Del Valle's -- the son of former Cuban leader Fidel Castro -- bodyguards attacked photographers from a news agency for filming the younger Castro during his vacation in Turkey's resort district of Bodrum on Wednesday, according to the Doğan news agency.
Castro reportedly had dinner at a restaurant in Bodrum with 12 friends, who included some Turks, on Wednesday night. Castro later thanked each employee who served him at the restaurant. As Castro left the restaurant at around 11 p.m., he noticed that he was being caught on camera by a Doğan reporter and went back inside in a rage, according to Doğan. Castro waited in the restaurant's kitchen for a while before he went out and left the premises in his car, which was brought to the front of the restaurant.
After Castro left the area, a Turk and two Cubans, who were reportedly his bodyguards, punched and threatened the Doğan photographers, attempting to take their cameras. Photojournalist Yaşar Anter sustained a minor injury as a result of being punched. While the two Cuban bodyguards fled the scene, the Turkish bodyguard, H.K., was briefly detained by the police. A group of people who accompanied Castro at the restaurant also left in a van.
Castro recently came to Bodrum with his 50-meter boat from the Greek island of Mykonos and booked five en suite rooms at a luxury hotel for himself and those accompanying him.
at 9:31 AM Friday, June 26, 2015
- ► 2016 (646)
06/21 - 06/28
- Top Intelligence-Defense Lawmakers Introduce Cuban...
- Castro Son's Bodyguards Attack Reporters During Lu...
- Castro's Granma Endorses Gutierrez Cuba Op-Ed
- In Cuba Policy, Talk is Cheap
- WSJ: When Helping ‘the Cuban People’ Means Bankrol...
- In Support of Obama's Cuba Policy, Gutierrez Acts ...
- Fact: Since December 17th, U.S. Agricultural Sales...
- Looking for "Lost Business Opportunities" in Cuba
- Major U.S. Firm: Cuba Investments Are High Risk
- Senators Collins and Roberts Pose With Expelled Cu...
- Image of the Week: Venezuelan Drug Kingpin Meets W...
- WSJ: Obama Dances With Another Dictatorship
- Like With Cuba, Obama Seeks to Bail Out Venezuela
- Obama Admits Cuba Sponsors Terrorism, But...
- ▼ 06/21 - 06/28 (14)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)