On July 1st, 2015, in announcing his bad deal on diplomatic relations with Cuban dictator Raul Castro, President Obama stated that, "we don’t have to be imprisoned by the past."
This has become the talking point (and oxymoron) of every step taken by Obama to embrace Castro's octogenarian, bankrupt regime.
Yet, only nine days later, on July 10th, marking the 20th anniversary of the horrific crimes of Srebrenica, Obama stated:
"Only by fully acknowledging the past can we achieve a future of true and lasting reconciliation. Only by holding the perpetrators of the genocide to account can we offer some measure of justice to help heal their loved ones. And only by calling evil by its name can we find the strength to overcome it."
So why are Cuba's victims less worthy?
And why aren't we calling Castro's regime by its name?
Rather than visiting Havana, Obama should instead spend some time at the "Memorial Cubano," which honors tens of thousands of victims of Castro's evil regime.
- ► 2016 (607)
07/26 - 08/02
- How Obama's Cuba and Iran Policies Are Hurting Hil...
- Marco Rubio to Hillary: No More Failed 'Resets'
- Jeb Bush: Cuban People Aren't Imprisoned by Past, ...
- Scott Walker: Clinton's Misguided Cuba Policy
- Tweet of the Day: Young Cuban-Americans Against Hi...
- Here We Go Again: The Exiles Are Changing, the Exi...
- Miami Herald Editorial: Keep the Embargo
- Top Senators Probe Political Motivations in Cuba T...
- A Redux of Clinton's Cuba Policy
- Are Cuba's Victims Less Worthy?
- Quote of the Week: No Action by Castro That Benefi...
- U.S. Concessions to Cuba Are Not Justified
- Obama Leaves Dictators Free to Flourish
- Details of Bad Cuba Deal Emerge
- Must-Watch: Why Does Jacobson Insist on Misleading...
- In Clear Side Deal, Obama Upgrades Cuba in Traffic...
- Cuba "Celebrates" Diplomatic Relations With Over 7...
- Tweet of the Week: What "Change Looks Like" in Cub...
- WaPo Editorial: Obama's Cuba Deal Set Bad Preceden...
- As Odebrecht's Corruption Probe Widens, So Should ...
- Quote of the Week: I Will Not Betray My Soul for a...
- "Hope Indicator": Repression, Defections and Rafte...
- ▼ 07/26 - 08/02 (22)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)