Check out this quote today from U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT):
"Positive change in Cuba will take time. But it will come not as a result of stubborn nostalgia by a vociferous few for the Batista years, but by visiting Cuba, listening to the Cuban people, and engaging with them."
This mindset is the reason why Senator Leahy sees no problem ignoring Cuban dissidents or peddling favors for a Cuban spy convicted for the murder of Americans.
Leahy is still fighting the 1959 Revolution, regurgitating Castro's propaganda and whitewashing its behavior.
Ironically, all three Cuban-American Senator's families (Cruz, Menendez and Rubio) fled the Batista dictatorship, prior to being betrayed by the Castro dictatorship.
The fact is Cuban-Americans simply want to see their homeland and brethren free.
But Leahy prefers to ignorantly stereotype and insult our community.
Sadly, this is one of the main architects of Obama's new Cuba policy.
- ► 2016 (606)
07/19 - 07/26
- Castro Demands Obama Break the Law, Obama Consider...
- Obama's "Back to the Future" Cuba Policy
- Political Cartoon: Raising of the Cuban Flag in Wa...
- Senator Leahy's Contempt for Cuban-Americans
- Cuban Dissidents Feel Abandoned, as Obama Empowers...
- Image of the Week: Change of Address Card for New ...
- Legal Report: Evidence Suggests Cuban Regime May H...
- Two Cuba Polls, One Huge Contradiction
- Front Page: What Obama's Cuba Policy Looks Like
- Why I Refuse to Acknowledge the US Embassy in Hava...
- Obama Rewarding Oppression in Cuba
- Diplomatic Relations With Cuba Restored -- At A Gr...
- To Embrace Cuba's Regime, State Department Doesn't...
- Height of Irresponsibility: NYT Editorial Now Hedg...
- Speaker Boehner: Stand With Cuba's Freedom Fighter...
- WaPo Editorial Board: U.S. Would Do Well to Focus ...
- Miami Herald Editorial Board: New Beginning, Old S...
- Statement on the Opening of U.S. and Cuban Embassi...
- ▼ 07/19 - 07/26 (18)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)