The Cuban Air Force ("DAAFAR") will receive the newest version of Russian R-73 short range "air-to-air" missiles by the end of 2015, according to RIA Novosti.
The R-73 is a highly maneuverable "air-to-air" missile capable of striking targets at a height of 5 meters to 20 kilometers, moving at a speed of up to 2,500 kilometers per hour. It's equipped with optical laser and radio controlled fuses.
The R-73 was the missile used by the Castro regime to shoot-down two civilian aircraft over international waters in 1996, resulting in the death of three American citizens and a permanent resident of the United States.
In 2003, a U.S. federal court indicted then-head of the Cuban Air Force, Gen. Ruben Martínez Puente, and two MiG pilots, Lorenzo Alberto Perez-Perez and Francisco Perez-Perez, for the murder of these four Americans.
No similar indictment has been issued against any military officials of other nations (currently or previously) deemed to be sponsors of terrorism.
So why would the Castro regime need the latest "air-to-air" missiles?
Didn't the Obama Administration and its lobbyists tell us that doing business with Castro's monopolies would result in "dictator-down-economics" that will somehow benefit the Cuban people -- rather than in nefarious activities and power plays?
Perhaps the Obama Administration should prioritize American interests and bring these indicted Cuban Air Force officials to justice.
- ► 2016 (694)
08/30 - 09/06
- Russian Spy Ship Targets U.S. Nuclear Submarines, ...
- Tweet of the Day: Russian Spy Ship Docked in Havan...
- Quote to Remember: On the China Model
- Cuban Troops Participate in Military Parade in Bei...
- Cuban Regime Re-Affirms Ties With North Korea
- A Cuban Political Prisoner Writes Pope Francis
- Cuba's Regime is Unrepentant, Its Crimes Are Ongoi...
- Shrouded in Silence, Cuban Religious Leader Spends...
- U.S. Embassy Re-Opened Amid Record Political Arres...
- Remarkable Cuban-American Congressional Unity
- Church Denies Refuge to Cuban Dissidents, Allows S...
- Lopez-Cantera: Cuba and Iran Deals Reveal a White ...
- Hillary Belittles Little Havana
- Cuba Trains "Thugs" in Venezuela
- Cuba Strengthens Relations With Rogue Regimes
- Let's Try This Again: A Middle-Ground Approach to ...
- 20th Straight Sunday of Political Arrests in Cuba,...
- Cuba Purchases Latest Russian 'Air-to-Air' Missile...
- Must-Read: State Department Snubs Cuban Independen...
- Obama's 'Sunshine Policy' Towards Cuba
- Odebrecht's Man in Havana
- Editorial Cartoon: A Bad Cuba Deal
- ▼ 08/30 - 09/06 (22)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)