Most Americans don't spend a lot of time thinking about [Cuba]. And most of the public policy leaders in our country don't know a lot about the true nature of the Castro regime and what's happening there. And what's happening there is very simple: Raul Castro is transitioning that government eventually towards a succession that will involve his son as the leader of that country. What they're looking for is enough revenue to allow that system of government they have in place to sustain itself for the long term. And this opening, this one-sided opening will make it easier for him to achieve that goal. And that means the Cuban people will never have freedom.-- U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), interview on CNBC, 8/26/15
at 8:15 PM Wednesday, August 26, 2015
- ► 2016 (646)
08/23 - 08/30
- Young Cuban Dissidents: Obama's Policy Helps Castr...
- Freemuse: Release Imprisoned Cuban Artists
- Cuban Activists Fear Arrest Ahead of Pope's Visit
- Must-Watch: Video for the Freedom of Imprisoned Cu...
- Quote of the Day: The Intra-Castro Transition in C...
- When Was This Cuba Story Written?, Pt. 2
- Obama's Cuba Policy Seeks to Preserve Status Quo
- Obama's Good Intentions and Bad Outcomes
- Free Imprisoned Cuban Artist #ElSexto
- Is This How Trade Will Foster Freedom?
- Duke Student: Obama's Cuba Deal is as Bad as it So...
- For 19th Sunday in a Row, Over 60 Cuban Dissidents...
- Give Castro's Washington Embassy the Address it De...
- Quote of the Day: Chasing Dreams, Not Reality in C...
- Cuba's Few (Controlled) Hotspots Are Hardly an "Op...
- Cuba: Two Young Dissidents Handed Long Prison Sent...
- The Price of American Diplomacy in Cuba
- Radio Interview: On Obama's Cuba Policy
- Victim of Cuban Spy Sues U.S. Bank for $57 Million...
- ▼ 08/23 - 08/30 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)