The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 768 political arrests by the Castro regime during the month of August 2015.
That is the highest number of political arrests over the last 15 months and higher than any monthly average over the last 10 years.
These are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
According to CCHR: "In the months that have passed in 2015, we have observed a deterioration of human and political rights in Cuba (the worst in the Western Hemisphere), while the [Cuban] government has not taken a single significant step to improve the situation."
Meanwhile, the Observatory for Human Rights in Cuba independently documented 913 political arrests by the Castro regime during the same period -- of which 462 were women.
Sadly, this took place during the same month that Secretary of State John Kerry visited Havana for the flag-raising ceremony at the U.S. Embassy.
It was at this event that Cuban dissidents were shunned by the Obama Administration.
A message Castro clearly noted.
Moreover, this repression took place under the noses of the Kerry entourage -- including Members of Congress, journalists, lawyers, lobbyists and unscrupulous businessmen.
All of them were -- wittingly or unwittingly -- oblivious to Cuba's tragic reality.
This is "what change looks like" in Cuba.
at 10:59 PM Wednesday, September 2, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
08/30 - 09/06
- Russian Spy Ship Targets U.S. Nuclear Submarines, ...
- Tweet of the Day: Russian Spy Ship Docked in Havan...
- Quote to Remember: On the China Model
- Cuban Troops Participate in Military Parade in Bei...
- Cuban Regime Re-Affirms Ties With North Korea
- A Cuban Political Prisoner Writes Pope Francis
- Cuba's Regime is Unrepentant, Its Crimes Are Ongoi...
- Shrouded in Silence, Cuban Religious Leader Spends...
- U.S. Embassy Re-Opened Amid Record Political Arres...
- Remarkable Cuban-American Congressional Unity
- Church Denies Refuge to Cuban Dissidents, Allows S...
- Lopez-Cantera: Cuba and Iran Deals Reveal a White ...
- Hillary Belittles Little Havana
- Cuba Trains "Thugs" in Venezuela
- Cuba Strengthens Relations With Rogue Regimes
- Let's Try This Again: A Middle-Ground Approach to ...
- 20th Straight Sunday of Political Arrests in Cuba,...
- Cuba Purchases Latest Russian 'Air-to-Air' Missile...
- Must-Read: State Department Snubs Cuban Independen...
- Obama's 'Sunshine Policy' Towards Cuba
- Odebrecht's Man in Havana
- Editorial Cartoon: A Bad Cuba Deal
- ▼ 08/30 - 09/06 (22)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)