Clearly, the Cuban people aren't very hopeful about the Obama Administration's warm embrace of the Castro regime.
Coast Guard: More Cuban migrants risking sea crossings
The number of Cuban migrants risking sea crossings to U.S. soil has surpassed last year's tally, even as Havana and Washington have restored diplomatic relations.
Coast Guard officials in Miami said Tuesday that roughly 3,910 Cubans have been caught or intercepted in the Florida Straits, the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean since the fiscal year began Oct. 1.
In the previous fiscal year, authorities tallied 3,731 Cubans attempting to illegally migrate to the U.S. by sea.
From The Texas Tribune:
Record number of Cubans crossing the Texas-Mexico border seeking asylum
Call it another immigration surge of the United States’ own making. But unlike last summer’s crisis of children and families arriving from Central America, lawmakers aren’t quick to call on this current group of refugees to go home.
From October 2014 to June 2015, about 18,520 Cubans have sought entry to the United States through Texas’ Laredo field office of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which includes ports from Del Rio to Brownsville. That’s compared to the 18,240 unaccompanied minors that were caught or surrendered to U.S. Border Patrol in the Rio Grande Valley from October 2014 through July of this year, according to CBP statistics.
If current trend holds, the number of Cubans seeking entry through Laredo will be about 24,700 this fiscal year. That's about 60 percent more than 2014’s 15,600 and nearly twice as many as 2013’s 12,445.
at 11:46 AM Thursday, September 10, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
09/06 - 09/13
- On Castro's Latest Prisoner "Pardon"
- Pope Francis Should Embrace Cuba's True Heroes
- Obama's Short-Sighted Cuba Policy Has Regional Con...
- An Emboldened Maduro Hands Venezuelan Democracy Le...
- Trade With Cuba Literally Means Trade With Castro
- Caught on Tape: Catholic Priest Expels Female Cuba...
- Quote of the Day: Evidence Proves Trade With Castr...
- What "Change Looks Like": Cubans Fleeing in Record...
- Cuban Regime Marks Feast Day With Over 140 Disside...
- Tweet of the Day: Sadistic Torture of a Cuban Diss...
- Images: Cuba and North Korea Celebrate Close Ties,...
- Quote of the Day: Cuban Regime Hasn't Shown Slight...
- Bank Stumbles on Appeal to Shield Cuban Assets
- U.S. Lawmakers Should Learn From Kast's Solidarity...
- Venezuelan Defense Minister Taking Notes (Orders) ...
- North Korea's Kim Receives Cuba's Diaz-Canel
- Cuba and Iran Seek to Jointly Counter "U.S. Hegemo...
- Chilean Legislator (and Former Minister) Arrested ...
- Kast: It's Very Hard to Watch a State Beat Its Own...
- Under Obama Deal, Arrests of Female Cuban Democrac...
- ▼ 09/06 - 09/13 (20)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)