On the same day human rights monitors were reporting over 882 political arrests by the Castro regime in September 2015 -- documenting an exponential rise in human repression on the island -- Secretary of State John Kerry was in Chile promoting some vague marine life agreement with the Castro regime.
Talk about misplaced priorities.
Meanwhile, The New York Times, which found no space to report on the increase in human repression in Cuba, lavished praise on the marine life agreement.
From The New York Times:
Cuba and U.S. Agree to Work Together to Protect Marine Life
The Cuban and American governments have agreed to work hand in hand to protect marine life in the seas that join their countries, a move that represents the first environmental dividend of a thaw between the two Cold War foes.
Under an agreement announced Monday at an oceans conference in Valparaíso, Chile, government agencies from Cuba and the United States are to map marine life in protected areas in the Florida Straits and Gulf of Mexico and compile an inventory of shared species.
at 9:27 AM Tuesday, October 6, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
10/04 - 10/11
- Images: Cuban Dissidents Launch Protest at Castro'...
- U.S.-Cuba Relations: Obama Gives, Castro Takes
- Obama Policy Leads to Escalation in Repression of ...
- Cuban Independent Journalist Arrested, Faces Sham ...
- Video: Menendez Floor Speech on Trajectory of Obam...
- Must-Read: Menendez Floor Speech on Trajectory of ...
- Why is Pritzker Promoting Kleptocracy and Labor Vi...
- Miami Herald Editorial: Congress Shouldn't Budge o...
- Quote of the Day: Pritzker's Premature Trip to Cub...
- Is it the Right Time to Lift the Cuban Embargo?
- Over 882 Political Arrests in September
- Must-Read: Cuba's Regime Tries to Blackmail the U....
- Obama's Cuba Policy: Distract from Human Life, Foc...
- Quote of the Day: Cuba's Absolute Violation of Fre...
- WSJ Editorial: Obama's Castro Courtship
- When Did America Become So Spineless?
- Obama Doesn't Understand Why Raul Bites His Hand
- ▼ 10/04 - 10/11 (17)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)