Last week, we posted how the Obama Administration seeks to "empower" the Cuban people by protecting sharks -- while the number of Cubans fleeing the island doubles -- and through "security cooperation" with Castro's ruthless Ministry of the Interior.
As if that weren't absurd enough, one of Secretary Kerry's senior advisors, Amb. David Thorne, is in Havana today to purportedly "support Cuba's emerging private sector."
And how is Amb. Thorne doing so?
Through meetings with Castro regime officials, a visit to the Port of the Mariel and attending the Havana International Fair.
In other words, Thorne is meeting with regime officials; visiting the (corruptly-built) Port of Mariel, which is owned by the Cuban military's shadow company, Almacenes Universales S.A.; and attending the Havana International Trade Fair, which only has one customer, Castro's monopolies.
So much for the "emerging private sector."
And simultaneously, over 150 Cuban dissidents were harassed, beaten and arrested, right under the noses of this U.S. latest delegation.
Every day, it becomes more tragically clear how hopelessly out-of-touch the Obama Administration is with Cuba's realities.
at 10:07 AM Monday, November 2, 2015
- ► 2016 (597)
11/01 - 11/08
- Castro's Visit to Mexico Further Disproves Obama's...
- Congressional Field Hearing Probes Obama's Cuba Po...
- Tampa Leader: Cuban Consulate Would be 'Ultimate B...
- Winning the Future in Latin America
- What We've Learned About Obama's Cuba Policy This ...
- Which State Department Official is Lying About Oba...
- Freedom House: Grounds for Cuba's Human Traffickin...
- Quote of the Week: We Have to Be Free
- Highest Number of Cubans Intercepted-at-Sea in 20 ...
- The Cuba Deal Alone Justifies Opposition to Obama'...
- Over 1,093 Political Arrests in October
- Cuba: Russia’s Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier
- Substantial Drop in U.S. Companies at Havana Inter...
- Recycling the "Havana Trade Fair" Hype
- Absurd: Kerry Aide to Support "Private Sector" Thr...
- Over 150 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Yesterday
- The Castros Just Want the Embargo Lifted
- Treasury Fines Travel Company for Cuba Sanctions V...
- Pursuant to Obama's Policy, New Exodus of Cubans H...
- ▼ 11/01 - 11/08 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)