In pitching the Obama Administration's new Cuba policy to Congress, Roberta Jacobson, the U.S.'s Assistant Secretary of State for the Western Hemisphere, testified to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on May 20, 2015:
"We have begun to see the Administration’s new approach to Cuba providing space for other nations in the hemisphere and around the world to focus on promoting respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms in Cuba."
Yet we're still searching for what she's "seeing" -- without any evidence in sight.
This weekend, Cuban dictator Raul Castro visited Mexico -- any evidence there?
Nope, quite the contrary actually.
From The Tico Times:
Castro, Peña Nieto seal warmer Cuba-Mexico ties
Cuban leader Raúl Castro received a warm welcome in Mexico on Friday as President Enrique Peña Nieto sought to end a diplomatic chill and boost business opportunities on the island.
With the colonial Caribbean city of Mérida serving as the backdrop, Castro was given red carpet treatment at the Yucatán state government palace for his first official visit to Mexico since taking power in 2006.
“Long live the indestructible brotherhood between the people of Cuba and Mexico,” Castro said as he delivered a speech alongside Peña Nieto following a private meeting.
For his part, Peña Nieto greeted Castro with an embrace and told him that “Mexico welcomes you with open arms.”
at 12:48 PM Saturday, November 7, 2015
- ► 2016 (597)
11/01 - 11/08
- Castro's Visit to Mexico Further Disproves Obama's...
- Congressional Field Hearing Probes Obama's Cuba Po...
- Tampa Leader: Cuban Consulate Would be 'Ultimate B...
- Winning the Future in Latin America
- What We've Learned About Obama's Cuba Policy This ...
- Which State Department Official is Lying About Oba...
- Freedom House: Grounds for Cuba's Human Traffickin...
- Quote of the Week: We Have to Be Free
- Highest Number of Cubans Intercepted-at-Sea in 20 ...
- The Cuba Deal Alone Justifies Opposition to Obama'...
- Over 1,093 Political Arrests in October
- Cuba: Russia’s Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier
- Substantial Drop in U.S. Companies at Havana Inter...
- Recycling the "Havana Trade Fair" Hype
- Absurd: Kerry Aide to Support "Private Sector" Thr...
- Over 150 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Yesterday
- The Castros Just Want the Embargo Lifted
- Treasury Fines Travel Company for Cuba Sanctions V...
- Pursuant to Obama's Policy, New Exodus of Cubans H...
- ▼ 11/01 - 11/08 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)