The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 1,093 political arrests by the Castro regime during the month of October 2015.
This bring the total number of political arrests in the first ten months of this year to 6,239 -- which is (tragically) on-pace to become one of the most repressive years in recent history.
These are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
Now let's do an exercise.
Which one of the following news items have you seen discussed by the Obama Administration or covered by the media this week?
a. The arrest of over 1,093 peaceful Cuban dissidents in October 2015.
b. The incommunicado imprisonment of dissident leaders, Hugo Damian Prieto Blanco and Wilfredo Parada Milian, since last week's protest at Castro's Chief Prosecutor's headquarters.
c. The incommunicado imprisonment of Cuban dissidents, Zaqueo Baez, Maria Josefa Acon and Ismael Boris, since September 20th, 2015, for approaching Pope Francis during his Mass in Havana and pleading for his support.
d. The critical state of Cuban independent journalist, Lamberto Hernandez, who is unconscious and near death on the 27th day of a hunger strike protesting his unjust imprisonment.
e. U.S. companies courting the Castro dictatorship at the Havana International Trade Fair for deals with its monopolies.
Answer: Only (e).
A perfect distraction for Castro's (increasing) repression.
- ► 2016 (596)
11/01 - 11/08
- Castro's Visit to Mexico Further Disproves Obama's...
- Congressional Field Hearing Probes Obama's Cuba Po...
- Tampa Leader: Cuban Consulate Would be 'Ultimate B...
- Winning the Future in Latin America
- What We've Learned About Obama's Cuba Policy This ...
- Which State Department Official is Lying About Oba...
- Freedom House: Grounds for Cuba's Human Traffickin...
- Quote of the Week: We Have to Be Free
- Highest Number of Cubans Intercepted-at-Sea in 20 ...
- The Cuba Deal Alone Justifies Opposition to Obama'...
- Over 1,093 Political Arrests in October
- Cuba: Russia’s Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier
- Substantial Drop in U.S. Companies at Havana Inter...
- Recycling the "Havana Trade Fair" Hype
- Absurd: Kerry Aide to Support "Private Sector" Thr...
- Over 150 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Yesterday
- The Castros Just Want the Embargo Lifted
- Treasury Fines Travel Company for Cuba Sanctions V...
- Pursuant to Obama's Policy, New Exodus of Cubans H...
- ▼ 11/01 - 11/08 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)