For the 28th Sunday in a row, over 150 Cuban dissidents were arrested by the Castro regime as they tried to attend Mass, then peacefully demonstrate as part of the #TodosMarchamos (#WeAllMarch) campaign.
Among those arrested were over 80 activists from the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) in the eastern city of Santiago.
Meanwhile, in Havana, over 70 members of The Ladies in White -- the renowned group composed of the wives, daughters, mothers and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners -- were arrested.
Finally, urgent attention continues to warranted for the leaders of the Civic Action Front (FAC-Orlando Zapata Tamayo), who organized last week's protest at the Chief Prosecutor's headquarters.
As we recently posted, Hugo Damian Prieto Blanco was arrested over a week ago and his whereabouts remain unknown.
This past Saturday, Reinaldo Rodriguez, was also arrested in the early morning. He hasn't been heard from since.
As usual, this increased repression is met with silence from the Obama Administration, which is too busy promoting business ties with Castro's monopolies.
It's "what change looks like" in Obama's Cuba.
- ► 2016 (694)
11/01 - 11/08
- Castro's Visit to Mexico Further Disproves Obama's...
- Congressional Field Hearing Probes Obama's Cuba Po...
- Tampa Leader: Cuban Consulate Would be 'Ultimate B...
- Winning the Future in Latin America
- What We've Learned About Obama's Cuba Policy This ...
- Which State Department Official is Lying About Oba...
- Freedom House: Grounds for Cuba's Human Traffickin...
- Quote of the Week: We Have to Be Free
- Highest Number of Cubans Intercepted-at-Sea in 20 ...
- The Cuba Deal Alone Justifies Opposition to Obama'...
- Over 1,093 Political Arrests in October
- Cuba: Russia’s Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier
- Substantial Drop in U.S. Companies at Havana Inter...
- Recycling the "Havana Trade Fair" Hype
- Absurd: Kerry Aide to Support "Private Sector" Thr...
- Over 150 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Yesterday
- The Castros Just Want the Embargo Lifted
- Treasury Fines Travel Company for Cuba Sanctions V...
- Pursuant to Obama's Policy, New Exodus of Cubans H...
- ▼ 11/01 - 11/08 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)