The question that needs to be asked is: If [Cuban migrants] can obtain $15,000, why do they prefer to invest it in a dangerous escape, rather than in creating a business or prospering in their own country? The answer is painful and overwhelming: because here there are no guarantees, nor hope and because their lifespan is not long enough to wait for the fulfillment of promises of a better tomorrow, which are like the horizon: moving farther away every time we are near touching them.-- Yoani Sanchez, Cuban blogger and independent journalist, 14ymedio, 11/21/15
at 4:08 PM Monday, November 23, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
11/22 - 11/29
- Assad and Castro Are Simply Glorified Terrorists
- Quote of the Day: How Castro 'Works' Hostages
- From the Left: The Cuban Exodus Is Due to Lack of ...
- It's Official: Obama Can't Transfer Guantanamo to ...
- Cuban Dissident Leaders: Castro Using Migration Cr...
- Jeb: I Would Close Embassy in Cuba
- NGO Petitions U.N. to Inquire Into Death of Cuban ...
- Long-Term Arbitrary Detentions on the Rise in Cuba...
- Who Benefits From U.S. Debit Cards in Cuba
- The Sobering Truth About Business in Cuba
- Quote (Thought) of the Day: To Invest or Escape Cu...
- Nearly 300 Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Sunday
- Two Cuban Dissidents Released Under Obama Deal Get...
- Must-Read Quote of the Cuban Refugee Crisis, Pt. 2...
- Must-Read Quote of the Cuban Refugee Crisis
- Has Cuba Manufactured a Refugee Crisis?
- Three Clarifications on the Forced Migration of Cu...
- ▼ 11/22 - 11/29 (17)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)