At 5 a.m. yesterday, Cuban special forces assaulted the home of democracy leader, Yoandris Beltran Gamboa, confiscated his belongings and arrested him.
Beltran Gamboa is the coordinator of the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) in the eastern city of Guantanamo.
Among the items confiscated from his home were a computer, flash drives, picture camera and cell phones.
His parents, siblings and children were all present during the attack, and were consequently injured. His mother had to be subsequently hospitalized.
On Sunday, Beltran Gamboa had been brutally beaten for participating in a peaceful protest, as part of the #TodosMarchamos campaign.
He remains unaccounted for since yesterday's arrest.
Image: Beltran Gamboa is on the center-right wearing a black shirt.
at 11:01 AM Wednesday, December 9, 2015
- ► 2016 (597)
12/06 - 12/13
- Images: Over 150 Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Huma...
- Why 'Talks' With the Cuban Regime Are Folly
- Cuba Re-Imprisons Dissidents ‘Freed’ Under Obama D...
- Diplomats Engage, Cubans Flee, Miami ‘Unprepared’
- Cuba Drops Ten Spots in Global Connectivity Index
- Cuban Special Forces Assault Home of Democracy Lea...
- The Castros' Chess Game in Venezuela
- Add $16 Billion to Obama's Bailout of the Cuban Di...
- Tweet of the Week: Most of the Obama-Castro '53' H...
- A Night in Prison With a Cuban Independent Journal...
- A Win for Venezuela's Democrats is a Win for Cuba'...
- Why Cuba's Shadowy Banking System Poses an Inheren...
- The New Cuba Policy: Fallacies and Implications
- Over 1,447 Political Arrests in November, Highest ...
- The Cuban General in the Room
- Quote of the Day: Cuban Special Forces in Venezuel...
- ▼ 12/06 - 12/13 (16)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)