The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 1,447 political arrests by the Castro regime in Cuba during the month of November 2015.
This is -- by far -- the highest monthly tally of political arrests recorded in years.
It bring the total number of political arrests during the first eleven months of this year to 7,686, which is (tragically) on-pace to become the most repressive year in recent history.
With one month to go, these 7,686 arrests nearly quadruple the year-long tallies recorded in 2010 (2,074) and nearly double those recorded in 2011 (4,123).
These are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
Thus, despite the Obama Administration's engagement with the Castro dictatorship and increased travel to the island, repression on the island is exponentially rising.
Yet, the Obama Administration, business lobbyists and the media, keep giving the Castro regime a pass for its repressive acts.
No consequences, no problem. It's a green-light for impunity.
at 9:27 AM Sunday, December 6, 2015
- ► 2016 (601)
12/06 - 12/13
- Images: Over 150 Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Huma...
- Why 'Talks' With the Cuban Regime Are Folly
- Cuba Re-Imprisons Dissidents ‘Freed’ Under Obama D...
- Diplomats Engage, Cubans Flee, Miami ‘Unprepared’
- Cuba Drops Ten Spots in Global Connectivity Index
- Cuban Special Forces Assault Home of Democracy Lea...
- The Castros' Chess Game in Venezuela
- Add $16 Billion to Obama's Bailout of the Cuban Di...
- Tweet of the Week: Most of the Obama-Castro '53' H...
- A Night in Prison With a Cuban Independent Journal...
- A Win for Venezuela's Democrats is a Win for Cuba'...
- Why Cuba's Shadowy Banking System Poses an Inheren...
- The New Cuba Policy: Fallacies and Implications
- Over 1,447 Political Arrests in November, Highest ...
- The Cuban General in the Room
- Quote of the Day: Cuban Special Forces in Venezuel...
- ▼ 12/06 - 12/13 (16)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)