Over 40 members of The Ladies in White, the internationally-recognized group composed of the wives, mothers, daughters and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners, were arrested yesterday.
Their crime? Hosting a Christmas event at their headquarters, where they distributed gifts to children.
In the video below, you can see first-hand the arrest of Yamile Garro, along with her 3-year old son, as well as other members of The Ladies in White.
The plain clothes men in the motorcycles and in the Russian cars, guiding the female police officers around, are members of Castro's domestic secret police, known as the Directorate of State Security (DSE).
Click below (or here) to watch:
at 9:16 AM Thursday, December 24, 2015
- ► 2016 (607)
12/20 - 12/27
- Boston Globe: Obama’s Cuba Policy Makes Life Worse...
- Video: Over 40 Ladies in White Arrested for Christ...
- Quote of the Week: Not Buying the 'Change' Line
- Cuban Political Prisoner in Critical Condition, Ne...
- Must-Read: North Korea's "Private Sector" Stymies ...
- Tribune-Review Editorial: A Year Later, Same-Old C...
- Proof That Obama Was Wrong About Cuba
- Cuba Facilitates Cyber-Attacks in Latin America
- How Castro Stole the Art Hitler Couldn't
- Cuban Protest Artist El Sexto: 'You Have to Keep a...
- The Week in Letters: 126 Cuban Political Prisoners...
- WSJ: Cuba One Year After Obama’s Olive Branch
- Tweet of the Day: Castro's Cuba Si, Puerto Rico No...
- Castro's Travel Funnel: Critical Cuban-Americans N...
- Must-Watch: What Happens to Cuban 'Entrepreneurs' ...
- Quote of the Day: It's Modern-Day Slavery
- Cuban Political Prisoners Measure Impact of Obama’...
- ▼ 12/20 - 12/27 (17)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)