Because it lies about everything.
While over 150 Cuban dissidents were being arrested on International Human Rights Day, here's what the Castro regime had to say.
According to AFP:
[Castro's] Attorney General Dario Delgado asserted that Cuba has no political prisoners, only jailed common criminals who "call themselves dissidents."
"It is sometimes said there are political prisoners here. There aren't," Delgado told the official Communist Party daily Granma.
"The majority of those who call themselves dissidents are common inmates who have been attracted by counter-revolutionary organizations, internal or external, and receive payments directly or indirectly," he said.
"But they aren't prisoners of conscience."
- ► 2016 (650)
12/06 - 12/13
- Images: Over 150 Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Huma...
- Why 'Talks' With the Cuban Regime Are Folly
- Cuba Re-Imprisons Dissidents ‘Freed’ Under Obama D...
- Diplomats Engage, Cubans Flee, Miami ‘Unprepared’
- Cuba Drops Ten Spots in Global Connectivity Index
- Cuban Special Forces Assault Home of Democracy Lea...
- The Castros' Chess Game in Venezuela
- Add $16 Billion to Obama's Bailout of the Cuban Di...
- Tweet of the Week: Most of the Obama-Castro '53' H...
- A Night in Prison With a Cuban Independent Journal...
- A Win for Venezuela's Democrats is a Win for Cuba'...
- Why Cuba's Shadowy Banking System Poses an Inheren...
- The New Cuba Policy: Fallacies and Implications
- Over 1,447 Political Arrests in November, Highest ...
- The Cuban General in the Room
- Quote of the Day: Cuban Special Forces in Venezuel...
- ▼ 12/06 - 12/13 (16)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)