Yesterday, President Obama announced that he had granted clemency to seven Iranian criminals imprisoned in the United States (and confirmed over $100 billion in sanctions relief), in exchange for four American hostages held by Iran's regime.
In light of this news, below is our statement from December 17th, 2014, regarding Obama's similar deal with Cuba's regime -- and the ominous warning therein.
For over five years, the Castro dictatorship has held American development worker, Alan Gross, as its hostage for helping the Cuban people connect to the Internet.
This shows the cruel extent to which the Castro dictatorship is willing to go in order to try to silence its own people.
With Gross' hostage-taking, the Castro dictatorship has sought to coerce the Obama Administration into releasing Cuban spies imprisoned in the United States and to unilaterally ease sanctions.
Today, this innocent American, who should have never been imprisoned in the first place, is returning home to his wife and daughters.
But sadly, rather than being released unconditionally, the Obama Administration has acquiesced to the Castro regime's coercion.
While we are relieved at the release of this American hostage today, there are 11 million Cubans that remain hostages of Castro's brutal regime. Moreover, repression in Cuba today is at a historic high.
In exchange for Gross' release, the Obama Administration will announce the release of three Cuban spies imprisoned in the United States for crimes, including a conspiracy to kill Americans.
Today, our hearts go out to the families of those young Americans, the pilots of the Brothers to the Rescue planes disintegrated in international waters by Cuban MIGs, who were murdered by the Castro regime with the help of these Cuban spies.
The Obama Administration will additionally announce that it will use its executive authority to ease a set of U.S. sanctions -- also in exchange for Gross' release.
As a result of these actions, the world today will be less safe.
Rogue regimes throughout the world will take note that you can take American hostages and will be rewarded with policy concessions.
Moreover, that rogue regimes can murder Americans, have U.S. courts and juries duly convict those involved -- and see justice aborted by a stroke of the President's pen.
at 9:44 AM Sunday, January 17, 2016
01/17 - 01/24
- North Korea Takes New Hostage, Wants Cuba/Iran-Sty...
- In 9-3 Vote, Miami-Dade County Opposes Cuban Consu...
- Rubio: Obama Doing Nothing to Stop Cuban Migrant C...
- Pursuant to Obama Deal, Cubans Increasingly Desper...
- Cruz Seeks to Block Joint U.S.-Cuba Security Exerc...
- Since Obama Deal, Number of Self-Employed Licensee...
- Quote of the Day: American Business Will Come Danc...
- Human Trafficking: The Nadir of Cuba's Economy
- Obama: No Clemency for Violent Criminals in Iran S...
- Tweet of the Day: The Price for an American Has Go...
- Forget Cuba, North Korea is 'Next Hot Emerging Mar...
- Cuba: Tenfold Increase in Religious Freedom Violat...
- On This Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Nearly 200 Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Sunday
- Flashback and Ominous Warning: Statement on Releas...
- Rubio: America's Enemies Know Obama Will Cut Deals...
- Obama Should Promote, Defend Democracy in Latin Am...
- Hopes for Democracy Won't Stay Buried in Cuba
- ▼ 01/17 - 01/24 (18)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)