Again, as we ominously warned on December 17th, 2014, pursuant to the Obama-Castro deal:
"As a result of these actions, the world today will be less safe.
Rogue regimes throughout the world will take note that you can take American hostages and will be rewarded with policy concessions.
Moreover, that rogue regimes can murder Americans, have U.S. courts and juries duly convict those involved -- and see justice aborted by a stroke of the President's pen."
Today, from CNN:
North Korea arrests American student for 'hostile act,' state media says
An American college student has been arrested in North Korea.
Otto Frederick Warmbier was detained in Pyongyang on January 2, according to Young Pioneer Tours, the China-based travel company he was with.
The tour group said Warmbier's family has been informed and that it is working with the U.S. State Department, the North Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Swedish Embassy, which carries out some consular services for U.S. citizens in North Korea, to address the incident.
Warmbier is a third-year student studying commerce at the University of Virginia, according to The Cavalier Daily, the school's student newspaper. School spokesman Anthony de Bruyn would only say that the school "has been in touch with Otto Warmbier's family and will have no additional comment at this time."
North Korean state media said Warmbier, who reportedly entered North Korea on a tourist visa, is accused of carrying out "a hostile act against the DPRK," referring to the acronym for the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea.
01/17 - 01/24
- North Korea Takes New Hostage, Wants Cuba/Iran-Sty...
- In 9-3 Vote, Miami-Dade County Opposes Cuban Consu...
- Rubio: Obama Doing Nothing to Stop Cuban Migrant C...
- Pursuant to Obama Deal, Cubans Increasingly Desper...
- Cruz Seeks to Block Joint U.S.-Cuba Security Exerc...
- Since Obama Deal, Number of Self-Employed Licensee...
- Quote of the Day: American Business Will Come Danc...
- Human Trafficking: The Nadir of Cuba's Economy
- Obama: No Clemency for Violent Criminals in Iran S...
- Tweet of the Day: The Price for an American Has Go...
- Forget Cuba, North Korea is 'Next Hot Emerging Mar...
- Cuba: Tenfold Increase in Religious Freedom Violat...
- On This Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Nearly 200 Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Sunday
- Flashback and Ominous Warning: Statement on Releas...
- Rubio: America's Enemies Know Obama Will Cut Deals...
- Obama Should Promote, Defend Democracy in Latin Am...
- Hopes for Democracy Won't Stay Buried in Cuba
- ▼ 01/17 - 01/24 (18)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)