The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 1,414 political arrests by the Castro regime in Cuba during the month of January 2016.
This is -- by far -- the second highest monthly tally of political arrests recorded in decades.
November 2015 -- when 1,447 political arrest were documented.
In sum, the two most repressive months in decades have been under the Obama Administration's new policy.
These are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
Thus, despite the Obama Administration's engagement with the Castro dictatorship and increased travel to the island, repression on the island is exponentially rising.
Yet, the Obama Administration, business lobbyists and the media, keep giving the Castro regime a pass for its repressive acts.
at 11:17 AM Friday, February 5, 2016
01/31 - 02/07
- Facts Prove Obama's Cuba Policy Counter-Productive...
- January 2016: Second Most Repressive Month in Deca...
- Cuban Dissident Missing Since Last Sunday's Arrest...
- What Happens When Obama Downgrades Freedom and Hum...
- Expelled Cuban Spy Led Delegation to U.S. Regional...
- WSJ: Obama Rescues Cuba as Venezuelan Aid Fails
- Cognitive Dissonance in Obama's Cuba Policy
- Cuban-Americans Dominate Iowa Caucus, Debunk "Hear...
- Headline of the Iowa Caucus: Cuba, Si! GOP Establi...
- Hollande and Castro: Plenty of Wine But No Democra...
- Washington Post Editorial: Failure in Cuba
- Bacardi Files FOIA on Obama's Stolen Trademark Con...
- Quote of the Week: Obama Gifts Castro Stolen Trade...
- While 170 Cuban Dissidents Are Arrested, France Fê...
- Treasury Fines U.S. Company for Cuba Sanctions Vio...
- Rewarding Castros is Only Encouraging More Cubans ...
- ▼ 01/31 - 02/07 (16)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)