According to Gallup, for the first time in decades, a majority of Americans (54%) have a favorable view.
This upward swing is due to a huge leap among Democrats, 73% of whom (following Obama's lead) now view Cuba favorably.
(Only 34% of Republicans viewed Cuba favorably.)
This is what happens when the leader of your party goes out of his way to white-wash the brutal realities of Cuba's dictatorship in favor of his political "legacy."
It's also what makes an avowed admirer of Fidel Castro a serious contender for your party's nomination.
Never mind that every single metric proves the situation in Cuba has gotten worse since Obama's new policy. (See here.)
It's a policy -- propagated by the media -- that favors '57 Chevys to freedom and democracy.
Of course, this shouldn't be all that surprising.
Last year, Gallup found support for Israel dropped 10 points among Democrats, as Obama was making his case for the Iran deal.
For the first time ever, less than half of all Democrats (48%) were less sympathetic to Israel than to some of their regional adversaries.
Upon taking office, Obama famously stated to the world's tyrants that "we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."
That turned out to be a lie -- Obama has extended his hand, and left it extended -- regardless.
But to justify it by white-washing Cuba's repressive realities (or Israel's regional concerns) is unjustifiable.
02/14 - 02/21
- WaPo Editorial: Will Obama Make Trip to Cuba Count...
- IBD Editorial: Only Castro Will Benefit From Obama...
- National Review Editorial: Obama, Cuba and Us
- N.Y. Post Editorial: Obama’s Cuba Trip Guarantees ...
- Rubio Urges Obama to Reconsider Trip to Cuba
- Menendez Statement on President Obama’s Trip to Cu...
- Obama's Trip About Legacy, Not Freedom and Human R...
- Ros-Lehtinen Statement on Obama Visit to Castro’s ...
- Diaz-Balart: Obama's Trip to Cuba is Latest in Lit...
- Statement on Obama's Trip to Cuba
- On Malmierca's Visit: Cuban Spies, Businessmen and...
- Bacardi: Obama Should Reverse Granting Stolen Trad...
- NYT: Pact on U.S.-Cuba Flights Reopens Battle for ...
- Emails Released: Clinton Warned About Hezbollah Ba...
- Obama's Mariel Deal Violates International Labor L...
- Gallup Under Obama: Cuba is Good, Israel is Bad
- Obama Green-Lights Mariel Investment, Violates Own...
- Must-Read: How Cuba's Kaesong (Mariel) Works
- The Buzz on Zika: Increased Travel to Cuba May Com...
- Hellfire Missile Affair: Why Obama's Cuba Policy C...
- ▼ 02/14 - 02/21 (20)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)