Yesterday, while over 170 peaceful dissidents were being beaten and arrested throughout Cuba, dictator Raul Castro was being received -- with full honors -- by French president Francois Hollande.
The official state visit by Castro began two days after a private tour, whereby the Cuban dictator enjoyed some of Paris' finest shopping, wining and dining.
During Castro's visit, France will grant him further bilateral debt relief, in addition to the $8.5 billion in debt forgiveness it already helped broker through the Paris Club.
Let's be clear: France has already bestowed credits upon Castro in the past; Castro defaulted on them; and didn't help the Cuban people one iota.
The only reason they are doing it all over again is because the Obama Administration has now given the Castro regime a perceived "full, faith and credit" backing of the United States.
Despite the Obama Administration's prediction that the new U.S. policy would allow other countries to hold the Castro regime accountable for its repressive practices, the opposite is occurring.
Presidents, foreign ministers and other dignitaries have flocked to Cuba to discuss business opportunities with Castro's state monopolies. None has made even a minimal gesture of solidarity with Cuba's civil society.
International creditors have forgiven tens of billions in the dictatorship's debts.
All with terms that let Castro "off-the-hook", while letting the Cuban people shoulder the long-term burden of the dictatorship's delinquency.
Quite a deal (triomphe) -- for Castro.
at 9:31 AM Monday, February 1, 2016
01/31 - 02/07
- Facts Prove Obama's Cuba Policy Counter-Productive...
- January 2016: Second Most Repressive Month in Deca...
- Cuban Dissident Missing Since Last Sunday's Arrest...
- What Happens When Obama Downgrades Freedom and Hum...
- Expelled Cuban Spy Led Delegation to U.S. Regional...
- WSJ: Obama Rescues Cuba as Venezuelan Aid Fails
- Cognitive Dissonance in Obama's Cuba Policy
- Cuban-Americans Dominate Iowa Caucus, Debunk "Hear...
- Headline of the Iowa Caucus: Cuba, Si! GOP Establi...
- Hollande and Castro: Plenty of Wine But No Democra...
- Washington Post Editorial: Failure in Cuba
- Bacardi Files FOIA on Obama's Stolen Trademark Con...
- Quote of the Week: Obama Gifts Castro Stolen Trade...
- While 170 Cuban Dissidents Are Arrested, France Fê...
- Treasury Fines U.S. Company for Cuba Sanctions Vio...
- Rewarding Castros is Only Encouraging More Cubans ...
- ▼ 01/31 - 02/07 (16)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)