The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 1,141 political arrests by the Castro regime in Cuba during the short month of February 2016.
In January 2016, the CCHR documented 1,447 political arrests.
As such, these 2,588 political arrests -- thus far -- represent the highest tally to begin a year in decades.
This is what happens when President Obama first announces he won't visit Cuba unless there are tangible improvements in the respect for human rights -- then crosses his own 'red-line.'
And these are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
Thus, despite the Obama Administration's engagement with the Castro dictatorship and increased travel to the island, repression on the island is exponentially rising.
Why? Because the Castro regime keeps getting a pass for its repressive acts.
Mr. President, legacy is not more important than lives.
03/06 - 03/13
- Why Cuban-Americans Should Support Marco Rubio in ...
- Note to Treasury: Your Duty is to Uphold (Not Dist...
- Obama's Cuba Trip is Misguided
- Open Letter to Ben Rhodes: Excluding Critics in Mi...
- Cuba: 2016 Begins as Most Repressive Year in Decad...
- WaPo Editorial: Will Obama Dump Dissidents for Bas...
- IBD Editorial: Obama’s Cuba Trip Showing Signs Of ...
- Obama: Victims of Argentina's Dictatorship Deserve...
- Miami Herald Editorial: Obama Should Cancel Cuba T...
- Quote of the Week: Obama Should Focus Less on Base...
- ▼ 03/06 - 03/13 (10)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)