Yesterday, we learned how Google is now censoring on behalf of Cuba's regime.
Today, we learn how Carnival is discriminating on behalf of Cuba's regime.
Is this how the Obama Administration feels it's promoting American values?
By renowned maritime lawyer, Jim Walker, in Cruise Law News:
Carnival's Cruise to Cuba Discriminates Against Cuban-Americans
I couldn't believe what I was reading in the Miami Herald article "Carnival Cruise to Cuba Discriminates Against a Class of Americans" Carnival's new Fathom "impact" brand, scheduled to be the first U.S.- based cruise line to cruise to Cuba in over 50 years (on May 1st), is refusing to permit Cuban-born Americans on the cruise.
Written by Fabiola Santiago, the article quotes Cuban American Maria de los Angela Torres, who came to the U.S. as a Pedro Pan child in the early 1960's, after she tried to book a cruise to Cuba. Everything was proceeding smoothly in booking her cruise until the Fathom agent learned that she was born in Cuba. The agent then told her that "Current Cuban law prohibits Cuban-born individuals from entering Cuba via ship or other sea vessel, regardless of U.S. citizenship status. For that reason, at the present time, Fathom cannot accommodate Cuban-born individuals."
The Herald analogized the discrimination to a cruise line refusing to take American Jews to Israel or African Americans to Africa.
Two years ago, the Tunisian government prohibited Israeli passengers from disembarking from the Norwegian Jade during a stop at the Tunis (La Goulette) cruise port. Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) told the Israeli citizens that they were not welcome by the Tunisian government and had to stay aboard the cruise ship.
NCL quickly decided to boycott Tunis and issued the following statement:
“We want to send a strong message to Tunisia and ports around the world that we will not tolerate such random acts of discrimination against our guests. We are outraged by this act and the fact that we were not notified in advance of this practice. We apologize sincerely to our guests who were affected and want them to know that we have taken the appropriate action in response.”
Carnival, on the other hand, is acting in "cahoots" with Cuba, as the Herald points out. It's pathetic and disgraceful on Carnival's part. Carnival acquiesced to the discriminatory policies of the totalitarian Castro regime as a quid pro quo to be the first cruise line to do business in Cuba. When faced with an important principle, Carnival sold out for profits.
04/03 - 04/10
- Must-Read: Carnival Discriminates Against Cuban-Am...
- As Predicted: Carnival's "Social Impact" = Support...
- Cuban-Americans Need Not Apply for Carnival's Crui...
- Castro's American Victims
- Why Did Google Succumb to Cuba's Censorship?
- Video: Cuban Dissidents Launch Protest at Capitol ...
- Cuba After Obama's Departure: What's Castro's Real...
- Lincoln and Marti Turned in Their Graves
- Over 1,416 Political Arrests in March, 498 During ...
- Must-Read: Castro Inc., Cuba as Family Business
- Political Arrests in Cuba Up 255% This Year
- Must-Read: Cuba's State-Run Human Trafficking Busi...
- Billionaire Restaurateur: Not Investing in Cuba Un...
- Cuban Consulate in Miami-Dade is a Bad Idea
- Cuba Must Embrace Rights, Reject Terror
- Obama's Cuban Disgrace
- Political Cartoon: Obama Does Wave With Cuban Diss...
- No Normalization With Cuba
- On Obama's Trip to Cuba: My Police State, My Teach...
- ▼ 04/03 - 04/10 (19)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)