A Letter to the Editor of The Miami Herald:
No normalization with Cuba
The question of whether Cuban Americans should now embrace the normalization of relations and come to terms with the atrocities that occurred in Fidel Castro and Che’s Cuba that caused millions to seek exile in this country comes down to whose ox is being gored.
Those who suffered the loss of the lives of loved ones who were murdered by Che Guevara and his henchmen for speaking out against Castro’s tyranny will never just let it go.
Those who were wrongfully imprisoned for expressing their political views will also never forget.
Those who had their businesses, homes and properties shamelessly taken from them, were denied justice for generations and had inheritances wiped away by the communist/socialist regime also cannot be expected to forget.
No, many Cuban Americans will not just simply turn the page on such a past, nor should they.
I was born in Miami and am proud to be an American because our country stands for all I believe in.
There will be nothing good to be found in Cuba’s corrupt government, not now and not ever, until democracy and capitalism are restored.
Ervin A. Gonzalez
04/03 - 04/10
- Must-Read: Carnival Discriminates Against Cuban-Am...
- As Predicted: Carnival's "Social Impact" = Support...
- Cuban-Americans Need Not Apply for Carnival's Crui...
- Castro's American Victims
- Why Did Google Succumb to Cuba's Censorship?
- Video: Cuban Dissidents Launch Protest at Capitol ...
- Cuba After Obama's Departure: What's Castro's Real...
- Lincoln and Marti Turned in Their Graves
- Over 1,416 Political Arrests in March, 498 During ...
- Must-Read: Castro Inc., Cuba as Family Business
- Political Arrests in Cuba Up 255% This Year
- Must-Read: Cuba's State-Run Human Trafficking Busi...
- Billionaire Restaurateur: Not Investing in Cuba Un...
- Cuban Consulate in Miami-Dade is a Bad Idea
- Cuba Must Embrace Rights, Reject Terror
- Obama's Cuban Disgrace
- Political Cartoon: Obama Does Wave With Cuban Diss...
- No Normalization With Cuba
- On Obama's Trip to Cuba: My Police State, My Teach...
- ▼ 04/03 - 04/10 (19)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)