Initially, Google offered to provide free, uncensored Internet for the Cuban people.
Kudos for that.
The Castro regime shamefully turned them down.
Instead, the Castro regime allowed Google to partner with a local (and loyal) Cuban artist, Kcho, who considers Fidel "his father."
Thus, the opening of the Google + Kcho Mor center at his studios in Havana, which was supposed to a Google-sponsored technology zone and WiFi hotspot.
But unless Google sponsors censorship technology, it's clearly not in control.
Reports from Cuba have noted that the center has been given priority use by Ministry of the Interior ('MININT') officials and trainees. The MININT is home to Castro's intelligence services.
Thus, the Google + Kcho Mor center has become a playground for Cuba's spies and future cyber-warriors.
Furthermore, after passing various security checks, when regular Cubans finally get to enter the center, they are treated to censored online access.
Webpages like Cubaencuentro, Revolico and 14ymedio remain blocked.
Thus, Google has now officially become an extension of Cuba's censors.
Are these the American values the Obama Administration purports to be promoting?
04/03 - 04/10
- Must-Read: Carnival Discriminates Against Cuban-Am...
- As Predicted: Carnival's "Social Impact" = Support...
- Cuban-Americans Need Not Apply for Carnival's Crui...
- Castro's American Victims
- Why Did Google Succumb to Cuba's Censorship?
- Video: Cuban Dissidents Launch Protest at Capitol ...
- Cuba After Obama's Departure: What's Castro's Real...
- Lincoln and Marti Turned in Their Graves
- Over 1,416 Political Arrests in March, 498 During ...
- Must-Read: Castro Inc., Cuba as Family Business
- Political Arrests in Cuba Up 255% This Year
- Must-Read: Cuba's State-Run Human Trafficking Busi...
- Billionaire Restaurateur: Not Investing in Cuba Un...
- Cuban Consulate in Miami-Dade is a Bad Idea
- Cuba Must Embrace Rights, Reject Terror
- Obama's Cuban Disgrace
- Political Cartoon: Obama Does Wave With Cuban Diss...
- No Normalization With Cuba
- On Obama's Trip to Cuba: My Police State, My Teach...
- ▼ 04/03 - 04/10 (19)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)