Missouri Governor Jay Nixon is the latest state official that has traveled to Cuba for a tropical boondoggle.
The big "news" from his trip is that "Cuba has accepted a 20-ton shipment of long-grain rice grown and processed in Missouri."
You'd think this means the Castro regime purchased 20-tons of Missouri rice -- and that's the media spin they'd like you to believe.
But as Governor Nixon's office clarified, "the 20-ton shipment of Missouri rice arrived at the deep-water Port of Mariel last week and was sent to the people of Cuba by Martin Rice at no cost."
In other words, 20-tons of free rice was handed to the Castro regime at the Cuban military's Port of Mariel.
Apparently, Governor Nixon is channeling his inner Khrushchev and Chavez by now subsiding Castro's dictatorship as well.
He even added the typical propaganda line that it was "sent to the Cuban people."
You know -- the whole handing food subsidies to dictators "for the people" scheme -- à la Mengitsu, Saddam Hussein and Mugabe.
Just another example of how the Obama Administration's new policy is literally subsiding Castro's dictatorship.
05/29 - 06/05
- Former Cuban Prisoner: Human-Rights Violations Int...
- U.S. Subpoenas Huawei Over Dealings With Cuba, Syr...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Raises Further Security Concer...
- Cuba's Depraved Blood-Trafficking Business
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba's Post-Obama Chill
- U.S.-Cuba Relations: It Can't Just Be a Business D...
- Justice Should Not Evade Cuba's Military Dictators...
- WaPo Editorial: On U.S.-Cuba Military Cooperation,...
- Missouri Governor Literally Subsidizes Cuban Dicta...
- Cuban Soldiers in Business: A Bad Deal
- Must-Read: Obama's Human Rights Betrayal in Cuba
- Dr. Biscet: Obama's Embrace of Castro Weakens Caus...
- Cuban Police Raid Dissident Headquarters, Target L...
- ▼ 05/29 - 06/05 (13)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)