If Obama's new policy is "improving the lives of the Cuban people," then why has it led to a migration crisis of historic proportions?
For comparison, note the 1980 Mariel boatlift resulted in 125,000 Cuban arrivals.
From The Washington Examiner:
Cuban immigrant surge on pace to more than triple 2015, 156,000 vs 43,000
More Cuban immigrants have arrived in the United States so far this year than in all of 2014 and is on a pace to more than triple 2015's count, according to a new analysis of the surprising surge.
In a review of the Cuban immigration boom, the Center for Immigration Studies said on Monday that some 26,000 had arrived at United States border stations by the end of February.
The 13,000 a month pace could suggests a yearly total of 156,000.
For comparison, 24,277 Cubans came to the United States in 2014. That grew to 43,154 in 2015 and is set to break another record this year. And those are just the numbers of arrivals at border stations, mostly in Texas. Some others arrive by boat.
Cuban Migration to U.S. Increases Six-Fold Under Obama Administration
The number of Cuban migrants seeking asylum at U.S. ports of entry has skyrocketed since President Obama took office — increasing six-fold since 2009 and nearly doubling from 2014 to 2015, according to the Center for Immigration Studies.
05/15 - 05/22
- Cuban and North Korean Special Forces in Venezuela...
- Congress Bans U.S.-Cuba Military 'Cooperation'
- Cuba, 'Law Enforcement Dialogue' and the Cop Murde...
- Why Obama's New Cuba Flights Pose Security Concern...
- Homeland Security Chair: Obama Placing Americans a...
- Obama Officials Not Being Forthright About Cuba Fl...
- TSA Subcommittee Chair Rips Obama on Cuba Flights
- Stick to the Facts on the Cuba "Travel Ban"
- Obama's Policy Leads to Largest Cuban Migration Cr...
- Head of Venezuela's National Assembly: Cuban Offic...
- Regional Lawyers Learn There's No 'Rule of Law' in...
- Castro Reverts (Yet Another) "Reform"
- Jorge Perez: Cuba Threw Bucket of Cold Water
- Forget Cuba, 'Pyonghattan' is Where It's Happening...
- Ponder These Images Carefully: The Human Cost of F...
- Cuba-Disneyland and Its Leftist Pimps
- Cuba: A Revolution With Promises to Keep
- ▼ 05/15 - 05/22 (17)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)