The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 724 political arrests by the Castro regime during the month of May 2016.
Thus far, there have been 6,075 political arrests in Cuba during the first five months of 2016. This represents -- by far -- the highest rate of political arrests in decades.
It already nearly matches last year's year-long tally of 8,616 political arrests.
Moreover, it's already (in just five months) nearly thrice the tally of political arrests throughout all of 2010, as Obama began his presidency.
And these are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
Thus, despite the Obama Administration's engagement with the Castro dictatorship and increased travel to the island, repression on the island is exponentially rising.
Why? Because the Castro regime keeps getting a pass for its repressive acts.
It's also why political repression in Iran has sharply risen since Obama's deal with the Mullahs.
And why deaths have mounted in Syria since Obama crossed his own red-line.
Apparently -- legacy is more important than lives.
at 9:45 AM Tuesday, June 7, 2016
06/05 - 06/12
- Despite Obama's Concessions, Ag Sales to Cuba Plum...
- House GOP Targets Financial Ties With Cuban Milita...
- Over 724 Political Arrests in May, Repression Expo...
- The North Korea-Cuba Connection
- Quote of the Week: Obama Policy Facilitates Cuban ...
- Russia's Strategic Use of Cuban Ports
- Obama's Cuba Policy Has Gutted the Democratic Char...
- Must-Read: The Perils of Secret Diplomacy
- Obama Further Raises Value of Taking Hostages and ...
- Castro: Cuba Will Never Rejoin "Imperialist" OAS
- ▼ 06/05 - 06/12 (10)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)