Here's a sobering fact for defenders of Obama's Cuba policy.
Excerpt from 14ymedio:
Cuba’s Self-Employed Join State Union to Avoid Trouble
Cuba has a unionization rate of almost 96%. According to official statistics, more than three million workers belong to 18 unions that are grouped under the umbrella of the Cuban Workers Central Union, which functions as a conveyor belt for the Communist Party’s “instructions.”
After some first months in which the self-employed were left alone, the CTC encouraged carrying out “political work” in order to make them enter the ranks of the organization. According to their numbers, more than 400,000 “self-employed workers,” of the 500,000 registered in the country, belong to the official organization. For the moment, the creation of a union just for the self-employed continues to be a project “under study.”
at 10:47 AM Wednesday, June 29, 2016
06/26 - 07/03
- Must-Read: Buyer's Remorse on Obama's Cuba Policy
- WaPo: Oscar Biscet, a Cuban Doctor Who Remains Def...
- Why Obama Wouldn't Meet With Cuba's Dr. Biscet
- Lifting Cuba Sanctions Betrays Alabama's Values
- From California: Thinking about a vacation in Cuba...
- Carlos Beruff's Cuban 'Cuento' (Fairy-Tale)
- Major Law Firms Agree: Stonegate Bank's (Cuba) Cre...
- Obama's Lie, Starwood's Ignominy
- Riddle Me This: 80% of Cuba's 'Self-Employed' Join...
- Obama's Cuba Policy: Celebrity Distractions, Secur...
- ▼ 06/26 - 07/03 (10)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)