Yesterday, the Republican National Convention adopted the official 2016 Platform of the party. The Platform declares the Party's principles and policies.
It includes the following section on U.S.-Cuba policy:
"We want to welcome the people of Cuba back into our hemispheric family — after their corrupt rulers are forced from power and brought to account for their crimes against humanity. We stand with the Ladies in White and all the victims of the loathsome regime that clings to power in Havana. We do not say this lightly: They have been betrayed by those who are currently in control of U.S. foreign policy. The current Administration’s 'opening to Cuba' was a shameful accommodation to the demands of its tyrants. It will only strengthen their military dictatorship. We call on the Congress to uphold current U.S. law which sets conditions for the lifting of sanctions on the island: Legalization of political parties, an independent media, and free and fair internationally-supervised elections. We call for a dedicated platform for the transmission of Radio and TV Martí and for the promotion of internet access and circumvention technology as tools to strength Cuba’s pro-democracy movement. We support the work of the Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba and affirm the principles of the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966, recognizing the rights of Cubans fleeing Communism."
07/17 - 07/24
- Recent Crimes of Cuba's Castro Regime: Sirley's St...
- Cuban Democracy Leader Begins Hunger Strike to Pro...
- Repression Intensifies Against Cuban Dissident You...
- Oversight Needed on U.S.-Cuba Embassy Deal
- Dissidents React to Anniversary of U.S.-Cuba Ties
- Rubio: I Will Continue Blocking Any U.S. Ambassado...
- Cuba’s Human Rights Abuses Worse Pursuant to U.S. ...
- Obama's Migration Crisis: Flow of Cubans to U.S. S...
- Point of Clarification: Donald Trump on Cuba Polic...
- Christie Attacks Clinton on Obama's Cuba Policy
- Cuba Keeps Defaulting on Debts, Arkansas Congressm...
- Cuba in The 2016 Republican Party Platform
- Obama's Cuba Internet Projects: 99% Hype, 1% Subst...
- An Ominous Warning: Obama's Cuba Policy Opened Doo...
- Tweet of the Week: Havana's Other Man in Caracas
- WSJ: Who Will Stop Maduro’s Cuban-Backed Coup?
- Obama Gives U.S. Property Claimants the Shaft
- Tweet of the Week: Obama Embraces Cuba's Past, Pau...
- Buyer's Remorse on Obama's Cuba Policy, Pt. 2
- ▼ 07/17 - 07/24 (19)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)