Advocates Press Hillary Clinton For Support of Cuban Dissidents At Rally
There were plenty of people handing out flyers at Saturday’s rally for Hillary Clinton at Florida International University (FIU).
But, only one group sponsored a plane to fly overhead that read: “Hillary stop Castro beating Cuban women now.”
Frank Calzon is the executive director at the Center for a Free Cuba.
“The election is months away, and I think the time for her to speak out is now,” he said.
The government beatings of the group of women like the Damas de Blanco - who outwardly and peacefully oppose the Castro regime - are not a thing of the past, Calzon said.
The Center says Clinton would make the perfect spokesperson for allowing Amnesty International and the International Committee of the Red Cross to enter the island.
Volunteers at the center handed out more than two thousand flyers before the Clinton speech at FIU.
at 10:40 AM Sunday, July 24, 2016
07/24 - 07/31
- Will Hillary Condemn Trump's Cuban Hotel Venture?
- How Remittances Are Funneled in Cuba
- Cuban Dissident Leader Hospitalized Pursuant to Hu...
- The Real 'Talks' That Need to Take Place in Cuba
- Day 9 of Cuban Dissident Leader's Hunger Strike #j...
- One Woman’s Struggle for Freedom in Castro’s Cuba
- The Real (Concerning) Reason Behind Obama's Cuba P...
- Brazil Investigates Corrupt Financing of Cuba's Po...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Represents Worst of 20th Centu...
- Obama's Policy Permits Expansion of Cuba's Militar...
- Tweet of the Day: 17 Cuban Dissidents Join Hunger ...
- Menendez Asks Obama to Protect Cuban Dissidents on...
- Cuban-Americans to Hillary: Press Castro to Stop B...
- Quote of the Day: Nobel Prize Laureate on Cuba's D...
- Oswaldo Payá: A Story of Injustice
- ▼ 07/24 - 07/31 (15)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)