Remember when the Obama Administration argued its new Cuba policy would help promote U.S. interests in the region?
Yeah, that was funny.
From Iranian state media:
Zarif arrives in Cuba
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, heading a 120-member politico-economic delegation, arrived here on Sunday night at the first leg of his Latin American tour.
The exclusive aircraft carrying Iranian delegation arrived in Havana International Airport after a 16-hour flight.
Heading a political and economic delegation, Zarif will travel to Nicaragua, Ecuador, Chile, Bolivia and Venezuela, respectively after wrapping his visit to Cuba and during his week-long Latin American tour.
Zarif visit is aimed at fostering Iran’s political and economic relations with Latin American countries after the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and removal of sanctions against the Islamic Republic.
An economic delegation consisting of 60 businesspersons and directors of the companies active in different arenas, technical and engineering service in particular, accompany Zarif during his visit.
Iranian foreign minister would stay in one country each day and hold talks with senior officials of Latin American countries.
Iran attaches great importance to expansion of all-out cooperation with the Latin American countries.
08/21 - 08/28
- A Cuban Democracy Leader’s Ultimate Sacrifice to W...
- Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet – Could He Be Cuba’s Next P...
- Captive Nations Presentation: Cuba, Human Rights a...
- Cuba Conspicuously Missing From 2016 Basel Bank Tr...
- Tweet of the Day: On Obama, Cuba and Iran
- Is There Any Dictator That Hasn't Fooled (Manipula...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Opens Doors -- For Iran
- Must-Read: Do Cuban Lives Matter to Obama?
- Tweet of the Day: From Daughter of Dying Cuban Dem...
- Cuban Democracy Activists Ask Obama to Support Far...
- Iranian Foreign Minister Arrives in Cuba
- Will Obama (Further) Screw Over U.S. Victims of Ca...
- Free Cubans Outshine Castro's Slaves at Olympics
- ▼ 08/21 - 08/28 (13)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)