Two very troubling reports today.
In short, not only did Syria's Assad and Iran's Mullahs completely fool and manipulate Obama -- as has Cuba's Castro dictatorship -- but tens of thousands of innocent lives were (and continue to be) sacrificed for Obama's "legacy."
From Foreign Policy:
U.S. and Europe Say Assad May Have Kept Some Chemical Weapons
Damascus promised to destroy its entire arsenal, but the world’s chemical weapons watchdog suggests Assad may have squirreled some away.
The world’s chemical weapons watchdog has repeatedly found traces of deadly nerve agents in laboratories that Syria insisted were never part of its chemical weapons program, raising new questions about whether Damascus has abided by its commitments to destroy all of its armaments, according to a highly confidential new report.
The discoveries of precursors for chemical warfare agents like soman and VX at several undeclared facilities, including two on the outskirts of Damascus, underscored what a 75-page report by the director-general of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) describes as a troubling pattern of incomplete and inaccurate Syrian disclosures over the past three years about the scope of the country’s chemical weapons program.
From The Business Insider:
Obama reportedly declined to enforce red line in Syria after Iran threatened to back out of nuclear deal
President Barack Obama infamously drew a "red line" with the regime of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria only to back away from it, and we now know why.
Wall Street Journal reporter Jay Solomon, who recently wrote a book called "The Iran Wars," told MSNBC on Monday that the Obama administration's determination to close the Iran nuclear deal is to blame for the failure to act on its own red line in Syria.
"When the president announced his plans to attack [the Assad regime] and then pulled back, it was exactly the period in time when American negotiators were meeting with Iranian negotiators secretly in Oman to get the nuclear agreement," Solomon said.
"US and Iranian officials have both told me that they were basically communicating that if the US starts hitting President Assad's forces, Iran's closest Arab ally ... these talks cannot conclude."
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, a powerful military arm in Iran, reportedly "would not accept a continued engagement with the US if its closest ally was being hit," Solomon said.
at 8:43 AM Wednesday, August 24, 2016
08/21 - 08/28
- A Cuban Democracy Leader’s Ultimate Sacrifice to W...
- Dr. Oscar Elias Biscet – Could He Be Cuba’s Next P...
- Captive Nations Presentation: Cuba, Human Rights a...
- Cuba Conspicuously Missing From 2016 Basel Bank Tr...
- Tweet of the Day: On Obama, Cuba and Iran
- Is There Any Dictator That Hasn't Fooled (Manipula...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Opens Doors -- For Iran
- Must-Read: Do Cuban Lives Matter to Obama?
- Tweet of the Day: From Daughter of Dying Cuban Dem...
- Cuban Democracy Activists Ask Obama to Support Far...
- Iranian Foreign Minister Arrives in Cuba
- Will Obama (Further) Screw Over U.S. Victims of Ca...
- Free Cubans Outshine Castro's Slaves at Olympics
- ▼ 08/21 - 08/28 (13)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)