This week, the Obama Administration declassified over 1,000 pages of documents relating to Argentina's "Dirty War".
During President Obama's trip to Buenos Aires in March, he promised to release documents regarding the U.S.'s relationship with Argentina's military dictatorship. He argued:
“Democracies have to have the courage to acknowledge when we don’t live up to the ideals that we stand for; when we’ve been slow to speak out for human rights... And that was the case here.”
We agree with this statement. But it's hard not to be angered by Obama's hypocrisy.
Does Obama believe his embrace of Cuba's military dictatorship -- the worst violator of human rights in the Western Hemisphere -- "lives up to the ideals that we stand for"?
Does Obama believe licensing hotel deals with the Cuban military -- responsible for the worst violations of human rights in the Western Hemisphere -- "lives up to the ideals that we stand for"?
There are over a dozen Cuban dissidents dying in hunger strikes, desperately calling attention to the abuses of the Castro regime. Meanwhile, the Obama Administration and its lobbying groups are actively promoting business with their oppressors.
Over a dozen Ladies in White were brutally beaten and arrested this week for trying to drape a Cuban flag over the coffin of a deceased female democracy activist. Meanwhile, the Obama Administration and its lobbying groups are actively promoting business with their oppressors.
There have been there have been 7,418 political arrests in Cuba during the first seven months of 2016 alone, which represents the highest rate of political arrests in decades. Meanwhile, the Obama Administration and its lobbying groups are actively promoting business with their oppressors.
No, Mr. President. Your Cuba policy does not "live up to the ideals we stand for."
at 5:49 PM Tuesday, August 9, 2016
08/07 - 08/14
- Judicial Watch Investigates Starwood's Hotel Deal ...
- The Cuban Military's Business Coup in Old Havana
- Global Business Consultancy: Cuba Offers Reputatio...
- Tweet of the Week: Cubans Face Horrors of Darien J...
- Quote of the Week: Cuban Regime More 'Legitimate' ...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Does Not 'Live Up to Ideals We...
- We Shall Not Forget: Yaquelin Heredia Morales of T...
- Cuban Dissident Leader on Hunger Strike: 'Ready to...
- Cuban Youth Activist on Hunger Strike Spitting Up ...
- Over 845 Political Arrests in July, Cuban Repressi...
- Obama's Cuba Policy in a Graph
- Must-Read: Economic Reforms Will Not Lead to Democ...
- ▼ 08/07 - 08/14 (12)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)