The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 845 political arrests by the Castro regime during the month of July 2016.
Thus far, there have been 7,418 political arrests in Cuba during the first seven months of 2016. This represents -- by far -- the highest rate of political arrests in decades.
It already nearly matches last year's year-long tally of 8,616 political arrests.
Moreover, it's already (in just seven months) nearly quadruple the tally of political arrests throughout all of 2010, as Obama began his presidency.
And these are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
Thus, despite the Obama Administration's engagement with the Castro dictatorship and increased travel to the island, repression on the island is exponentially rising.
Why? Because the Castro regime keeps getting a pass (more business, tourists and other concessions) for its repressive acts.
With Obama's policy, it pays to repress.
at 10:10 AM Monday, August 8, 2016
08/07 - 08/14
- Judicial Watch Investigates Starwood's Hotel Deal ...
- The Cuban Military's Business Coup in Old Havana
- Global Business Consultancy: Cuba Offers Reputatio...
- Tweet of the Week: Cubans Face Horrors of Darien J...
- Quote of the Week: Cuban Regime More 'Legitimate' ...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Does Not 'Live Up to Ideals We...
- We Shall Not Forget: Yaquelin Heredia Morales of T...
- Cuban Dissident Leader on Hunger Strike: 'Ready to...
- Cuban Youth Activist on Hunger Strike Spitting Up ...
- Over 845 Political Arrests in July, Cuban Repressi...
- Obama's Cuba Policy in a Graph
- Must-Read: Economic Reforms Will Not Lead to Democ...
- ▼ 08/07 - 08/14 (12)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)