Take note: This will become a shiny new tool for the Castro regime to further blackmail Obama and the next U.S. Administration.
(Also, see yesterday's post regarding the Cuba-ties of Putin's new foreign intelligence chief.)
Cuba, Russia sign nuclear energy cooperation deal
Cuba and Russia relaunched their relations on Tuesday with a pacific nuclear energy deal signed in Vienna alongside the International Atomic Energy Agency's General Conference.
Cuban vice Minister of Science, Environment and Technology José Fidel Santana signed the deal with Sergey Kirienjo, director of the Russian state nuclear energy company Rosatom.
Santana said that, after two years of negotiations, the deal would give both countries a framework to immediately begin developing bilateral projects, especially related to the medical and agricultural uses of nuclear energy.
He insisted that the projects were still in their initial phases, so the economic and material volume of the deal could not yet be evaluated.
The deal also includes the creation of Cuban nuclear specialists, applied and fundamental investigations and the management of radioactive waste.
Bilateral relations between Russia and Cuba have intensified in the last few months and they have signed several deals, including one on the sale and repair of train engines for merchandise transport on the island between 2017 and 2021.
09/25 - 10/02
- Hillary Clinton Should Demand Obama Fully Enforce ...
- Newsweek's Trump Cuba Story Needs Perspective
- Senate Foreign Relations Chair: 'Highly Unlikely' ...
- Rubio: Obama's Cuba Ambassador Nomination Should G...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Has Brought No Leverage With V...
- Obama's Cuban Migration Crisis (Tragedy) Exacerbat...
- Amid U.S. and E.U. Silence, Cuba Unleashes Wave of...
- Cuba, Russia Sign Nuclear Energy Cooperation Deal
- Quote of the Week: Do Business in Liberty City, No...
- Another Bogus Cuban Oil Story
- Putin Names Cuba Adviser as Russia's New Intel Chi...
- ALERT: Number of Female Cuban Political Prisoners ...
- Cuban Regime Harasses, Arrests and Dissappears Ind...
- Video: Interview With Leader of Cuba's Ladies in W...
- Cuban Regime Raids Independent Legal Center (Cubal...
- ▼ 09/25 - 10/02 (15)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)