Yesterday, over 40 members of Cuba's Ladies in White were beaten and arrested as they tried to attend Sunday Mass.
The Ladies in White is a renowned pro-democracy group composed of the wives, daughters, mothers and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners.
To add further sadism to the Castro regime's repression, in the eastern province of Santiago de Cuba, three females activists of the opposition Progressive Arch, were stripped of their clothing and beaten on the street.
They were wearing t-shirts promoting the opposition campaign #Otro18 (#Another18), which demands non-Communist Party candidates be allowed to participate in the regime's sham National Assembly "elections" in 2018.
The three activists, Doraisa Correoso Pozo, Maria Mercedes Benitez Rodriguez and Vismaika Amelo Jardines, were left shirtless and beaten on the street.
at 10:03 AM Monday, September 12, 2016
09/11 - 09/18
- WaPo Editorial: Cubans Don’t Benefit From American...
- Rubio Calls for Suspension of Cuba Flights Pursuan...
- Obama Administration Lied About Federal Air Marsha...
- New Cuba Flights Lead American Airlines to Discrim...
- Testimony House Agriculture Committee: 'American A...
- House Committee Advances Bill to Halt Cuba Flights...
- Iran's Rouhani to Visit Cuba This Week
- Cuba Seek Oil Imports From Russia, Iran
- AP: Cuban Military is Biggest Winner of Obama's Po...
- On Cuba Travel, Breaking the Law Has Consequences
- Female Activists Stripped, Beaten and Arrested by ...
- Castro's New Crackdown on 'Cuentapropistas'
- ▼ 09/11 - 09/18 (12)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)