UPDATE: One journalist had the dignity and courage to visit Fariñas at his Santa Clara home. Kudos to Local 10's Hatzel Vela. See story here.
It is the 48th day of Cuban democracy leader Guillermo Fariñas' hunger strike.
Yesterday, he was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. (See image below.)
Fariñas, a renowned Sakharov Prize recipient, is sacrificing his life for the rights and freedom of all Cubans -- an act of extraordinary courage and selflessness.
He is also a vocal critic of President Obama's policy of unconditional business and concessions to the Castros' dictatorship, which he considers a "betrayal of Cuba's dissidents."
So leave it to the Obama Administration to add insult to injury.
Last week, The White House put its spin machine in full-gear propagandizing JetBlue's commercial flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Santa Clara, Cuba.
It was all fun and games -- salsa, maracas and yes, even a Che cake.
Santa Clara is a small city in central Cuba. It has a population of 250,000.
One of those residents is the languishing Guillermo Fariñas.
Yet, not a word from The White House on Guillermo Fariñas.
None of the senior Obama Administration officials on the JetBlue flight to Santa Clara could spare a minute to visit with Fariñas at his home.
None of the journalists on the flight, or the foreign correspondents that spent hours on the hot tarmac at Santa Clara airport, could spare a minute to visit with Fariñas at his home.
Instead, they chose to forsake Fariñas. All for the sake of Obama's hollow legacy.
As civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr., wisely said, "in the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
09/04 - 09/11
- House Panel Will Mark-Up Bill to Halt Cuba Flights...
- #JuntoACoco: Cuban Dissident Leader Hits Day 50 of...
- Cuban Democracy Leader Disappears From Commercial ...
- Rubio, Menendez Introduce Cuban Airport Security A...
- Obama: See No Evil, See No Enemies
- Who Does Cuba's Regime Fear?
- Raul's Grandson Gets Key Promotion, As Family Rule...
- Florida Times-Union Editorial: Obama Should Take B...
- Obama Adds Insult to the Injury of His Cuba Policy...
- From an American Victim's Son: JetBlue's Flight to...
- A Hunger Strike in Cuba That Should Matter to All ...
- Computers Infected After Visiting Cuban Regime Web...
- Tweet of the Week: Obama's Cuba Deal Defenders Owe...
- The Media's Delusion About Flights to Cuba
- What Obama's Cuba and Iran Deals Have in Common
- List of Words Censored From Text Messages in Cuba
- Cuban Democracy Leader Rejects U.S. Plea to End Hu...
- Young Dissident Risks His Life for Change in Cuba
- ▼ 09/04 - 09/11 (18)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)