The Cuban Commission for Human Rights (CCHR) has documented 620 political arrests by the Castro regime during the month of October 2016.
With two months to go in 2016, there have already been a record-shattering 9,125 political arrests in Cuba throughout the year.
This represents -- by far -- the highest number of political arrests in decades.
It already surpasses last year's year-long tally of 8,616 political arrests and nearly quintuples the tally of political arrests (2,074) throughout all of 2010, as Obama began his presidency.
And these are only political arrests that have been thoroughly documented. Many more are suspected.
Thus, despite the Obama Administration's engagement with the Castro dictatorship and increased travel to the island, repression on the island is dramatically rising.
Why? Because the Castro regime keeps getting a pass (more business, tourists and other concessions) for its repressive acts.
With Obama's policy, it pays to repress. Impunity rules.
11/06 - 11/13
- N.Y. Post: Obama’s Cuba ‘Legacy’ Drive Lost Florid...
- In My Humble Opinion: Trump's Cuba Policy Mandate
- Must-Watch Video: Cuban Dissident Dragged Away for...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Lost Florida for Hillary
- AP Exit Polls: Trump, Rubio Overwhelmingly Win Cub...
- NBC: How Cuban-Americans Helped Trump in Florida
- WSJ: The Cost of Obama’s Cuba Policy
- Obama's Cuba Legacy: Record Number of Political Ar...
- Caught on Film: Crackdown on Cuban 'Cuentapropista...
- Meet Raul Castro: Predator of Press Freedom
- Cuba and Syria Sign MOU to Deepen Ties
- ▼ 11/06 - 11/13 (11)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)